- Each volume includes audition repertoire and works that are most frequently performed by symphony orchestras.
- Each work is presented in its entirety, not just as an excerpt.
- All metronome markings, which were omitted from the published parts, have been taken from the score and included in each part.
- Foreign language indications have been translated.
- Additional cues and instrument entrances have been included.
Symphonic Repertoire Guide for Timpani & Percussion
(BT-2000, 484 pages)
• Composers’ dates
• List of compositions
• Date of each composition
• Duration of each composition
• Specifies if the composition includes timpani and the number of timpanists required
• Specifies if the composition includes percussion and the number of players required
• Details the assignments of each player specifying which instruments are required
• Details when instruments can be shared
• Details the extended ranges of instruments required
• Specifies exact pitches required for tuned gongs, tuned cow bells, church bells, etc.
• Alternate assignments are given in instances if more players are available
• Translations are given for unusual instruments as well as suggested replacements
Also includes a glossary of percussion instruments from the repertoire section of the book. Each entry is given a brief definition/translation along with a representative composition in which the instrument is used.
The most comprehensive and detailed reference guide available for the timpanist, percussionist, conductor, librarian, artistic administrator, personnel manager, stage manager, orchestra manager, etc.