- Each volume includes audition repertoire and works that are most frequently performed by symphony orchestras.
- Each work is presented in its entirety, not just as an excerpt.
- All metronome markings, which were omitted from the published parts, have been taken from the score and included in each part.
- Foreign language indications have been translated.
- Additional cues and instrument entrances have been included.
ORCHESTRAL REPERTOIRE for the XYLOPHONE, VOLUME I
(BT-2505, 64 pages)
Barber: Medea's Meditation and Dance of Vengeance, Britten: Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra, Copland: Hoe-Down from "Rodeo", Hindemith: Kammermusik No. 1, Holst: The Planets, Kabalevsky: The Comedians Suite, Messiaen: Oiseaux Exotiques, Prokofiev: Scythian Suite, Saint-Saëns: Danse Macabre, Schuman: Symphony No. 3, Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5, Stravinsky: The Firebird Ballet (1910 original), The Firebird Suite (1919), Pétrouchka (1911 original) and Pétrouchka (1947).