- Each volume includes audition repertoire and works that are most frequently performed by symphony orchestras.
- Each work is presented in its entirety, not just as an excerpt.
- All metronome markings, which were omitted from the published parts, have been taken from the score and included in each part.
- Foreign language indications have been translated.
- Additional cues and instrument entrances have been included.
ORCHESTRAL REPERTOIRE for the XYLOPHONE, VOLUME II
(BT-2506, 64 pages)
Bartók: Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta, Copland: Appalachian Spring, Hayman: "Pops" Hoe-Down, Kabalevsky: Colas Breugnon Overture, Kodály: Háry János Suite, Prokofiev: Alexander Nevsky Cantata, Ravel: Mother Goose Ballet, Revueltas: Sensemayá, Saint-Saëns: The Carnival of the Animals, Shostakovich: Concerto No. 2 for Cello (opus 126), Concerto No. 1 for Violin (opus 99), The Golden Age Ballet Suite R. Strauss: Salome's Dance from the Opera "Salome" and Stravinsky: Le Noces.